It’s very important to prevent your automobile from theft. If you want to prevent your car from being stolen, then you have to take the following precautions.
- Take care of your keys- Keep the pair of keys with you. Many people are in a habit to hide a spare key under the wheel well or under front door step. Getting locked in your car is not good, but getting your stolen due to this is far more dangerous. Don’t give your car keys to strangers.
- Secure your vehicle- whenever you park the car, close and lock the windows or doors. This is a basic security trick that can prevent your car from theft.
- Take caution while parking your car- Park your vehicle in a well-lit area. If parking near building entrances and parking lot, add cameras for security. Parking garages are the best place to park your car.
- Don’t put valuables in your car- Don’t leave your valuable items in the car. Unknowingly, we leave out laptops, I pad, purses or any valuables on the seat of the car. This attracts the attention of the thief to steal that item. When they breaks into the car for stealing that item, the car tempts him further.
- Use an anti-theft device– Many insurance companies offer a discount up to 40 % if your vehicle has an anti-theft device. These ant-theft devices have a vehicle immobilizer system that prevents thieves from starting the engine of your car. So, buy an anti-theft device today itself to prevent your auto from theft.
- Don’t leave your car running- Turn off the car when not in use. Many cars are stolen from the owner’s neighborhood as they leave the car on. So, even if you are going out from your vehicle for buying a cup of coffee, turn off the engine of your car. Leaving your car running with the keys inside, invite the thief to steal your vehicle.
- Use auto recovery tool/application– despite all these efforts your car gets stolen, then use an auto-theft recovery tool to get your car back. There are many systems that use GPS technology to track your vehicle and convey the information to the police. Many recovery application can block the ignition of the car, signaling police and slow down the speed of the car.