If you heading to VEGAS or want to, we highly recommend you go to Nevada’s largest craft beer festival, will return for its eighth year with a two-day extravaganza in Downtown Las Vegas on Friday, April 6 and Saturday, April 7.
Great Vegas Festival of Beer will return to Downtown Las Vegas for two days on Friday, April 6 and Saturday, April 7 – which coincides with National Beer Day. The experiential event, produced by Motley Brews, is expected to be the state’s largest craft beer festival for the eighth time with more than 500 beers and 10,000 attendees anticipated throughout both days.
The weekend will begin with the return of the Mad Craft Experience, which was added to the Great Vegas lineup last year, from 7-10 p.m. on April 6, with culinary competitions and select beer tastings from notable breweries. The Grand Tasting will be held from 3 to 7 p.m. on Saturday, April 7, with early entry at 2 p.m., and will offer more than 500 craft beers from more than 120 local, regional, national and international breweries, in addition to beer-inspired and infused cuisine from some of Las Vegas’ top chefs.
The experiences and entertainment will include:
- Zappos.com Brewtique: Get a decorative snack on the go at the Zappos.com Brewtique. Taking traditional pretzel necklaces to a whole new level, Zappos Brewtique will offer guests the opportunity to purchase pretzel jewelry in all shapes, sizes and ingredients. Those in need of special attention may visit with a “brew-jeweler” for a personalized consultation.
- PT’s Brewing Co.: The local brewing company will return to Great Vegas with a new craft beer lineup on tap. Between pours, attendees may challenge themselves to a few rounds of beer pong.
- Ellis Island Karaoke Front Yard: Named “Best Karaoke Bar in Las Vegas” by the Las Vegas Review-Journal in 2016, Ellis Island will bring its award-winning karaoke experience to Great Vegas. Complete with its own stage and sound system, the Ellis Island karaoke stage will offer guests the chance to rock out.
- Las Vegas Lights FC: Kick off the festival with the Las Vegas Lights FC! The city’s professional soccer team will have a booth at the Great Vegas Festival of Beer filled with games and a surprise guest appearance.
- Brooklyn Bowl Silent Disco: Brooklyn Bowl will be back to Great Vegas with its signature silent disco experience. Special headphones will play a mixed selection of music on multiple channels for dancers to get their groove on.
- Get Motley VIP Lounge: The lounge area, only available for VIPs, will offer a unique culinary experience with decadent meat and vegetarian dishes from Searsucker and Panacea, a rotating tap with limited-release brews and more.
- PKWY Tavern: The popular PKWY Tavern will be back with a sampling booth and tables located in the festival’s backyard area. The beer-centric tavern will invite festival-goers to take a break at their tables and relax with fun games.
- Barefoot Wine & Bubbly: The California-native wine brand will debut their all-new line of Spritzers, only available at the Great Vegas Festival of Beer.
- New Amsterdam Vodka: New Amsterdam Vodka will erect an interactive “dreamcatcher wall” that festival-goers can use to write and share their life dreams. New Amsterdam will pour specialty craft cocktails using some of their most popular vodka flavors.
“We have separated Great Vegas from any other beer festival in the nation by introducing new interactive and experimental experiences for craft beer lovers,” said Brian Chapin, founder, and CEO of Motley Brews. “This year, we’re adding even more entertainment, culinary options and of course, beer.” Chapin demonstrated Las Vegas’ thirst for craft beer with the inaugural Great Vegas in 2011, which quickly sold out to more than 2,000 attendees. The event has grown from year to year, prompting an expansion to two days in 2017.
Tickets for the Mad Craft Experience start at $55 plus fees. Tickets start at $40 plus fees for Saturday’s Grand Tasting, providing access to the festival from 3 to 7 p.m. along with a tasting glass, unlimited beer samples and entertainment options including a silent disco, BrewLogic seminars and more. Early admission tickets are also available, providing entry at 2 p.m., priced at $50 plus fees.
VIP tickets to the Grand Tasting, Great Vegas’ most coveted credential, are priced at $90 plus fees, and include early entry at 2 p.m., access to the VIP Brewers Lounge, which includes a rotating tap of limited release and rare beers, a decadent spread of top-notch cuisine prepared by celebrated Las Vegas chefs, a lounge area and more. VIP tickets are limited, and all tickets are available for purchase now at www.greatvegasbeer.com.
A portion of the proceeds from the event always benefits local non-profits, this year including The Folded Flag Foundation, the Vegas Golden Knights Foundation, Goodie Two Shoes Foundation and the Nevada Craft Brewers Association. More information about Great Vegas Festival of Beer is on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @GreatVegasBeer, or on the website at http://greatvegasbeer.com/.
About Motley Brews:
Founded in 2010, Motley Brews was created for locals, breweries and brew fans alike to share great libations in a true local setting. Motley Brews develops beer-centric festivals and events throughout the Southwest, including San Diego, Las Vegas and Pasadena, Calif. Motley Brews’ annual Great Vegas Festival of Beer, founded in 2011, is Nevada’s largest craft beer festival. Motley Brews supports local non-profits with every event, raising more than $125,000 to date.
Thank you, Wicked Creative PR for sharing this information with my readers.