Well it is that time of the year that parents need to think about SUMMER CAMP. I want a camp that will have my kids using their imaginations and a lot of hands on activities. Creative learning inside and outside of the classroom is very important. My kids like to use their hands and create so I need to find them a camp that will stimulate their minds and enhance their creative side. I work from home so I will need to find a for a couple of weeks so they are not lying around my house all summer. I want to keep their minds sharp and working not zoned out on video games and YouTube! When I came across Galileo Camp I was impressed and I want to share with my readers about the camp plus offer some great deals (see at bottom- coupon codes).
About Galileo Summer Camp
At Galileo, kids learn a whole new way to create. They identify goals, generate ideas (lots of ideas), They create designs. Then the magic begins. Every marvelous mistake and back-to-the-drawing-board moment is all part of the fun. They sculpt works of art, construct go-karts, engineer bridges, design fashion lines and build websites. They experience the thrill of creating without fear and the joy of watching their wildest ideas come to life. And during all of this creative, fearless fun, something powerful happens: Kids start to see themselves differently—they start to think of themselves as innovators, with the vision and confidence to change the world. At Galileo, innovators rule.
While 5th – 8th graders, at Galileo Summer Quest, can choose from 15 immersive majors. Build a custom mod. Cook up a signature dish. Make an original movie. Manifest a digital album. Design and print 3-D models. Electrify a canvas. Inspired by expert instructors – many of them professionals in their fields – campers pick a passion and realize their personal vision.
About Camp Galileo (Pre-K to 5th):
At this age, kids are naturally curious and creative. They’re into everything. But with time, some of that natural spirit of exploration can get sucked out of them. Gradually, a fear of mistakes and their consequences can start to grow. Every year, we see the experience fire campers’ imaginations and literally change their way of relating to learning.
• Nebulas: pre-K to K
• Stars: 1st and 2nd graders
• Supernovas: 3rd to 5th graders
This year we feature four fresh themes, each adapted for three different age groups:
1. GALILEO ROCKS: Music-Inspired Art and Instrument Engineering
2. DESTINATION SAN FRANCISCO: Art and Engineering in the City by the Bay
3. GALILEO MAKERS: DIY Art and Real-World Inventions
4. MOUNT EVEREST EXPEDITION: Himalayan Art and the Science of Scaling Mountains
About Summer Quest (5th to 8th):
When kids get to around 5th grade, something happens. Suddenly, they’re ready to pick a passion and go deep exploring it. That’s where Galileo goes deep, too.
Galileo Summer Quest gives burgeoning visionaries the opportunity to take the next step. They continue to leverage our Stanford- innovation process, but in place of weekly themes we introduce weekly majors.
Inspired by expert instructors – many of them professionals in their fields – campers realize their personal vision. Each week is an opportunity to try something new, or go deeper in a major they already love.
• Electric Painting Studio
• Digital Filmmaking
• Digital Photography
• Fashion Design
• Mod Design with Minecraft®
• 3-D Modeling and Printing
• Digital Music Producers
• Video Game Design
• Website Design
• Chefology: International Eats
• Chefology: Decadent Desserts
BUILDERS AND MAKERS:
• Go-Kart Builders
• Inventor’s Workshop
My daughter and I did an awesome project that amazed both of us and had so much fun doing it. We did Activity #1- we made a light up card!!
1st Step~ make a card that has a light up feature. We choose a birthday candle, so of course she drew a birthday cake on cake stand.
2nd Step~ Creating the Positive and Negative sides with copper tape and then attach the battery.
3rd Step~ Attach the thread to the light and the copper tape
Step 4- BAM! Let the light shine.
We had so much fun creating this card so I wanted to share these downloadable PDF instructions for even more hands-on, engaging activities and crafts inspired by Galileo camps curriculum. Please check them out, let me know if you try any of these cool activities!
Activity #1: Illuminated Card (downloadable PDF)
- Inspired by Galileo Summer Quest Electronic Painting Studio
- Included in the pdf will be a material list and GIA (Galileo Innovation Approach) based Instructions to create you own Illuminated card (please note that this project requires some items that may have to be purchased to complete – copper wiring / led lights – links will be provided).
Activity #2: Chefology: Sushi Design and Creation (downloadable PDF) – Inspired by Galileo Summer Quest, Chefology: International Eats
- Inspired by Galileo Summer Quest, Chefology: International Eats
- Included in the pdf will be a material list and GIA (Galileo Innovation Approach) based Instructions to design and create your own Nori rolls.
Activity #3: Rubber Band Helicopter (downloadable PDF) – Inspired by Camp Galileo Science
- Inspired by Camp Galileo Science Curriculum
- Included in the pdf will be a material list and GIA (Galileo Innovation Approach) based Instructions to create you own rubber band helicopter (please note that this project requires some items that may have to be purchased to complete – specific rotor sticks – links will be provided)
Activity #4: Spoon Catapult (downloadable PDF) – Inspired by Camp Galileo Science
- Inspired by Camp Galileo Science Curriculum
- Included in the pdf will be a material list and GIA (Galileo Innovation Approach) based Instructions to create you own spoon catapult
*NEW LA FAMILIES SAVE $50*
SAVE $50 when you sign up for Camp Galileo or Galileo Summer Quest at one of our Los Angeles locations. Enter promotional code 2015GALILEOCAMPSLA. Limited to one use per family. Not valid in combination with additional offers or for previous purchases. Offer valid through 5/31.
Sign up HERE
*NEW SF FAMILIES SAVE $30*
SAVE $30 when you sign up for Camp Galileo, Galileo Summer Quest or Summer Camps @ The Tech. Enter promotional code 2015GALILEOCAMPSF. Limited to one use per family. Not valid in combination with additional offers or for previous purchases. Offer valid through 5/31.
Sign up HERE
Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a "sponsored post." The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."